Robin Kaye, Guest Blogger

7:55 AM

Robin Kaye is the author of Too Hot To Handle (Sourcebooks Casablanca (May 1, 2009). Robin was gracious enough to agree to doing a guest post here on my blog. She's here to talk about her upcoming release. Thank you to Robin for being here! And another thanks goes out to Danielle @ Sourcebooks for allowing me the opportunity to read and review Robin's book.


Written last week at the Romantic Times Convention in Orlando, FL


I’m at the Romantic Times Convention and as lovely as it is to be in sunny Florida--since I live in the perpetually rainy state of Maryland-- I’m homesick. I should be having the time of my life: I’m at a beautiful resort, away from the kids, I’m rooming with two of my most incredible writer friends, but for some reason, I’m not my usual bubbly self. I guess what it comes down to is that I miss my husband. I can imagine all of you rolling your eyes but it’s the God’s honest truth. I married a Domestic God, which is probably why I write about them.


I honestly believe that every woman deserves a man who is as good in the kitchen as he is in the bedroom. I had to interview quite a few men in order to find one; but once I did, I grabbed him and never let him go. Domestic Gods are men who love to cook and clean and take care of their women. They believe washing machines, dishwashers and vacuums are power tools. And they know that after changing the oil or fixing his car, the only sure way to get the grease off his hands is to scrub the bathtub. I’m used to waking up with a kiss and a cup of very good coffee—lately he’s been making me great lattes that might just be better than Starbucks, but don’t quote me on that because last I heard, Starbucks doesn’t do bedside deliveries or kisses.


Even though I can attest to living the dream, I write fiction, so the heroine in Too Hot to Handle, Annabelle Ronaldi, has other obstacles to overcome before she’s ready to accept the love of her very own Domestic God, Dr. Mike Flynn. That’s probably a good thing because without the obstacles, it would have been a very short book.


Too Hot to Handle begins the morning after the first book in the Domestic Gods series, Romeo, Romeo ends. It doesn’t take long for the obstacles to start piling up. It begins with the first line of the book. “Ghosts don’t have sex, do they?” Annabelle awakens the morning after her sister’s wedding, hung over after a night of too much champagne, with a man who is a dead-ringer for Chip, her deceased fiancé. Annabelle is forced to deal with emotions she’s gotten really good at repressing. It had been over two years since Chip’s passing, and in all the time they were together and even after his death, she’d never told her very Italian family that Chip existed, much less died and she wasn’t about to start.

Dr. Mike Flynn has some obstacles of his own. He’s a doctor in debt up to his stethoscope. He worked his way through college and med school, received a highly sought-after fellowship and is buying his way into what he thinks is the perfect practice. When he finds out that one of the partners is a malpractice suit waiting to happen, he’s forced to make a decision. If he leaves, he loses his investment and over two years of his work, but knows it would be unethical to stay. If that isn’t enough of a reason, the other partners aren’t thrilled with the idea of making him a partner because he’d voiced his concerns. Any way he looks at it, he realizes that he’s going to lose something, and no matter what he chooses to do, he’ll hurt his reputation. No one wants to work with a whistle blower and he certainly wouldn’t leave with a recommendation. It is definitely not the right time to find the woman of his dreams.


Even with all the obstacles, when the two of them get together the sparks are almost Too Hot to Handle.


Author's Website


Read The First Chapter!


Glitter Text Generator Digg! Add to Technorati Favorites

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images