Before joining CNN, Meade worked at NBC Chicago affiliate WMAQ-TV, where she co-anchored the weekend newscasts and also served as a general assignment correspondent for the station. Before joining WMAQ, Meade was the morning news anchor of WSVN-TV’s Today in Florida in Miami. She also served as the station’s noon anchor and health reporter. She was also an anchor and reporter at WCMH-TV in Columbus, Ohio, and at WJW-TV in Cleveland. Meade began her career in broadcasting at WMFD-TV in Mansfield, Ohio, where she worked as a reporter.
Meade’s lifelong love of music has led to live performances with country superstar Kenny Chesney, singer-songwriter Richard Marx, among others. Meade has also co-written songs with Nashville heavy-hitters Billy Dean and Craig Wiseman.Meade is based in CNN’s world headquarters in Atlanta, where she lives with her husband Tim and their cat and two dogs.
Add to Technorati Favorites
Following the good practice of others, I offer the following disclosure statement.
This is a personal weblog. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of anyone else. In addition, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time…I consider this a necessary consequence of having an open mind. This weblog is intended to provide a semi-permanent point in time snapshot and manifestation of the various memes running around my brain, and as such any thoughts and opinions expressed within out-of-date posts may not the same, nor even similar, to those I may hold today.
No one pays me to write this blog or to say particular things in it. That includes all forms of compensation, including offering to shovel my walk or tell me that I look like I’ve lost some weight. I don’t run ads, no one pays me under the table, and I don’t sell anything on the site.
How I make money
My main form of income is Social Security Disability.
While everyone has a price that they will sell out for, mine is quite a bit higher and I don't link to a product on Amazon for the purposes Amazon Affiliate revenue.
I use Google’s Blogger for this blog and my blog "A Whole New Me" is a self hosted Wordpress blog. While the Marta's Meanderings blog is free, I have paid for a domain name for "A Whole New Me".
I don’t have any clients that pay me money.
Most of the books mentioned and reviewed, or given away on either of my blogs are usually books that have been sent to me for reviewing. I will usually mention that, but sometimes one slips through and I forget about it. I also receive books directly from authors when I am doing a blog tour for them.
I don’t think of myself as either conservative or liberal as I find that both of those labels get used to dismiss someone the other side doesn’t agree with. I tend to be too liberal for my conservative friends and too conservative for many liberals but I get along well with both. I consider myself a born - again Christian, but the term Christian works just as well.
Inevitably, I use my judgment. For example, there are times when the mention is so slight or innocuous that the disclaimer would be out of place.
All I can promise is that I will be honest with you and never write something I don’t believe in because someone is paying me as part of a relationship you don’t know about. Put differently: All I’ll hide are the irrelevancies.
If you don’t like this or disagree, leave me a comment.
Add to Technorati Favorites
1. No purchase necessary to enter any give aways given on this blog (http://martasmeanderings.blogspot.com/). The give away will end on the date stated in the posting. The opportunity to play may be affected by local ability to access the Internet at any particular time. The odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
2. Open to all readers, 18 years or older who are legally allowed to participate in such a give away as allowed by their local laws. The giveaways are limited to United States mailing addresses only.
3. Players must submit the required information for each give away which will allow the entrant a chance to win. Entrants will be informed if they are a winner on or after the give away end date. Limit one entry per person. Marta Hoelscher dba Marta's Meanderings is not responsible for: incomplete, lost, late, damaged, scrambled or misdirected entries or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic, which may limit a user’s ability to participate in the giveaway.
4. Marta Hoelscher and members of her family are not allowed to enter the giveaway. Void where prohibited by law. All Federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
5. Prize(s) will be assigned to those who have been identified as winners.
6. Entrants will be informed at the close of the give away if they are a winner, and if a player is identified as a winner, what prize has been won. Winners will receive their prizes via mail after the give away has completed and winners have been verified. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Marta Hoelscher assumes no responsibility or liability for any damages, losses, or injury resulting from the acceptance or use of any prize. All prizes are mailed out within 6-8 weeks of announcement of winner.
7. Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the enterer in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws.
Add to Technorati Favorites
I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!