Review of Bark up the Right Tree

9:23 PM

Lessons from a Rescued Dog
by
Jessie and Ruthe Tschudin
Paperback: 112 pages

Publisher: BookSurge Publishing (January 7, 2009) Language: English
ISBN-10: 1439214247
ISBN-13: 978-1439214244


Description (from Author Website)
This fun-to-read, uplifting book is one dog’s true story of how she went from being a miserable, abandoned dog to being everybody’s darling, a certified therapy dog who visits nursing homes, goes on “cancer walks,” and raises both funds and awareness for children and pets in need of adoption, as she herself once was.
The book is written by Jessie, the dog herself--with the help of Ruth Tschudin who rescued the ailing, older dog in 2007. Jessie, now in excellent health, writes in fluent English for the book. She paints a vivid picture of her first year as a rescued dog, and skillfully wraps up each of the fourteen chapters with eminently practical and inspiring life lessons.

Review
This is a cute book. While not meant for children it would also be appropriate for them. The book is written from Jessie's point of view and describes how SHE feels in the shelter, or upon entering a new home. It's an interesting perspective. While the book is an excellent advertisement for finding your next dog in a shelter, I'd encourage parents and grandparents to also use it as a way of teaching children how to behave with pets. By reading about Jessie's "feelings" when she's scared or when someone is mean to her it would be a great way to encourage playing nice.

I thought this book was cute. It's written in a fairly simplistic style,probably on a 10-12 yo level, and I do admit towards the end I was getting tired of Jessie's side of the story. But for any dog lover, especially a lover of labs...it's too cute to pass up. In the back of the book is Jessie's Photo Album and you can see pictures of her doggie and human friends.

This is a little book that will charm adults and children alike.

Glitter Text Generator
Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images