Review of MBA in a Book

6:34 AM

Fundamental Principles of Business, Sales, and Leadership
Three Books in One

edited by Leslie Pockell

Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Business Plus (March 26, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0446535435
ISBN-13: 978-0446535434

Description (Publisher Website)

MBA IN A BOOK offers the kind of information graduates of MBA programs ought to have, but usually gain only after years of hard-won experience. This volume contains essential advice about the fundamentals of business, sales, and leadership from some of history's most influential thinkers and doers: entepreneurs, executives, scholars, statesmen, and philosophers.

The business principles section includes wisdom about the fundamentals of business practice and theory and important advice on investment, leadership, management, marketing, and success. The following section includes observations and insights that offer useful sales advice and ingenious techniques. Readers will discover gems of wisdom that address both the daily practicalities and the grand ideals of leadership in the final section.

Updated with a new introduction, this valuable collection will provide readers with the keys to mastering timeless and essential business skills. MBA IN A BOOK will inspire, guide, and support anyone interested in mastering the complex strategies that lead to success in business.

Review

I have to admit that after reading that description, this book was nothing like I expected it to be. This is a small (5x7) book that I was very disappointed in. After that description I was really ready for something enlightening. Instead I got a small gift book full of quotes. Each page is a quote from someone famous and is probably something you've heard before.

For instance, under Fundaments it has quotes like "There are three secrets to real estate: Location, location, location. (William Dillard). There are some inspiring quotes. But there are a lot of quotes that you've heard over and over and over again. Most of the quotes are only one or two lines. Very little original material. I'd highly encourage you to read an excerpt from the book and make sure it's something you'd be interested in.

If you're looking for a book of inspiring quotes, or a graduation gift this would do nicely. As a gift book this would be fine. The description of the book makes it sound like something everyone in business or going into business should have and I don't think that is this book. It's definitely not a serious business book, let alone anything having to do with an MBA.


Read an Excerpt
Glitter Text Generator

Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images