I am a blessed woman!

10:54 PM

I haven't said anything much on here about two very important events that are happening in my family this year. I've been so busy getting the blog up and running I've kept it pretty much to myself.

The first thing that is happening in my family is that my oldest son Matt is getting married on August 1, in Redlands, CA to his fiance Lauren. Our entire family(me, my youngest son Jon and his wife Rachel, my mother, my sister and her husband) is heading to California for the wedding. After they get married they are moving to Louisville, KY. I'm thrilled they are getting married - Lauren is a wonderful addition to our family and I can't wait til she's my new "daughter". They met while attending a summer project in Ocean City, NJ with Campus Crusade for Christ. Last summer, while Lauren was once again on the summer project in Ocean City, flew Matt flew in as a surprise and proposed since that's where they met.

The second big event in our family is at the right! My youngest son Jon and his wife Rachel have recently announced that they are expecting their first child...and my first grandbaby the end of November. Needless to say that I'm excited beyond measure!

I feel as if I've been blessed beyond measure this year folks. My blog has taken off like crazy and I'm loving doing it and I've made so many wonderful new friends through it, my surgery was successful, and now the addition of a new 'daughter' and a new grandbaby before the year is over.

In these days of an unsteady economy, I have children who are all employed, have food on the table and a roof over their heads. They are all strong christians and have developed into excellent men and women and I am proud of everyone one of them (daughters included!)

So, while I'm still feeling the effects of the surgery and I have aches and pains every day, I PRAISE GOD every day for all of my blessings. While many people would be surprised that I say this - I am a very lucky and blessed woman!

I encourage all of you to make a daily accounting of your blessings, whether you do it mentally or actually write them down, you will be surprised how much better your outlook and mood will become.

Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

You Might Also Like

14 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images