9:36 AM

Faith 'n Fiction Saturday: The Love of God


This week Amy of My Friend Amy fame poses a more Valentine Day question for Faith'n Fiction.
Today's Discussion:Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Since it's the day of love and all, what better time to focus on the Giver of Love? Besides the Bible, have you ever read a book that taught you, reminded you, or encouraged you about God's love for you in a new or deep way? It can be fiction or non-fiction.


Well I had to really think about this one, because Amy chose one of my favorite books! Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge is a book every woman should read. It really lays out how special we are! Another book that really laid things out for me is 50 Reasons Jesus Came To Die by John Piper. This book is comprised of 2 page chapters, each outlining a reason spiritually why Jesus had to die. This book can be read full out, or used as a daily devotional. Believe me it's better as a devotional...Anyone who has read Piper knows with his books it's Read, Reflect, and Digest, so as a devotional is perfect. And the one I'm currently reading that has really spoken to me about God's love is Future Grace by John Piper. In it he talks about how we don't just have Grace for the past and present...we already have Grace for an eternity. What a gift that is! Anyway...that's my two cents anyway ;)
If it seems like I read a lot of Piper and promote his books on here all the time it's for a couple of good reasons.
  • I genuinely enjoy his writing.
  • My son intro'd me to his books a few years ago...and Matt and I are still reading him.
  • My son Matt is doing an internship at Pipers church (Bethlehem Baptist) in Minneapolis, MN
  • Everything I hear about this man impresses me...Did you know his book royalties go back into the ministry almost 100%?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images