Review : What's He Really Thinking?: How to be a Relational Genius with the Man in Your Life

3:04 PM

What's He Really Thinking?: How to be a Relational Genius with the Man in Your Life
by Paula Rinehart

Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (June 2, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0849918804
ISBN-13: 978-0849918803

Description ( Publisher Website)

A woman's guide into a man's heart and mind offering invaluable insights, understanding, and the tools for building healthier relationships.

Even in the best of relationships, over time, men and women drift apart because of the communication gaps they naturally possess. In What's He Really Thinking?, author and speaker Paula Rinehart gives incredible insight into these differences. In her conversational, almost poetic style, Rinehart unlocks some of the age-old mysteries of the male mind-set.

With more than twenty years of counseling experience, Rinehart sheds a realistic light on:

  • how men think
  • why they do what they do
  • what they struggle with

She believes women who truly understand men have an ability to make an extraordinary impact on their lives. From scientific research to practical real-life stories, Rinehart removes the guess work and shows women how to become the relational geniuses they have always longed to be.

Author Bio
Paula Rinehart has touched women's lives through writing, speaking, and ministry for more than twenty years. Her private counseling practice includes clients who are men and couples with a focus on personal growth and intimacy with Christ. Paula and her husband Stacy have two grown children.

Read A Sample Chapter!

Review
The title of this book really intrigued me. After all, what woman doesn't want to be able to decipher what men are really thinking? While I found the book had some useful information, I didn't find it an easy read. It felt choppy and I found it hard to engage in the topic. I really had a hard time keeping with the book.

On the plus side, the author explores some great topics I thought. She explores the following:
  • What Men Do
  • Why Men Hurt
  • How Men Change
In all of these she explores why and how men think like they do and how they are different from women. I think this is the one aspect that we as women can take and use in dealing with men in all areas of our lives. I think once you understand how their thinking differs from ours, you can understand their reactions to things in a more positive manner.

Another positive area of the book were the discussion questions for each chapter. Whether used as a small group discuss or as a couples study, these questions will surely lead to an interesting discussion.

There are also prayers included in the back of the book for praying for the men in your life.

Overall, while I had difficulties with the presentation of the information, the insight I gained was worth the effort.

Click here to visit Powell's Books!

Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images