It's Friday!

5:09 PM

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen it's been one heck of a week here at the hacienda and I'm ready for the weekend!


Of course my weekends are limited due to where I'm living, but a girl can dream can't she? I got this recipe in an email and it just sounds really unusual...but it could put a kick into your weekend!

I'm hoping my sister will see this post and take pity on me and invite me over for a tasting party :) (note to self to email this post to sister!)

Pure Passion

From The Bubbly

Bar

Makes 1 cocktail

Turn up the heat with the spicy bite of chile and the tangy flavor of passion fruit in this seductive potion. If passion fruit is in season, use fresh strained juice.

  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ teaspoon chile powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ Key or Mexican lime
  • 2 ounces fresh passion fruit juice or canned
  • Juice of ½ lime
  • ½ ounce Cointreau
  • 4 ounces brut cava

Combine the sugar, chile powder, and salt in a wide flat plastic container. Set aside.

Make a slit down the length of the Key lime and run it around the rim of a widemouthed glass, wetting it thoroughly. Press the rim of the glass into the chile-sugar mixture to coat the rim. Combine the passion fruit juice, lime juice, and Cointreau in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until well chilled, and then carefully strain into the prepared glass. Top with the brut cava wine.

Anyway, people tend to think I'm exaggerating when I tell stories from the 'home, but I'm not. If you want some entertainment, just go to your local nursing home and hang out for a while. You have to go more than just one time, but after a bit you'll start to hear conversations and see things that can be darkly humorous.

But it's been a crazy week in more than one way and I'm ready to relax and enjoy the weekend. I'm going to take that recipe down to the kitchen and request if for the "beverage of your choice" with my dinner tonight. I'm wondering what the odds are?

If you know of anyone that needs to put on weight...send them to a home. The diet of constant breaded meat, potatoes, noodles, veggies drowned in butter, gravies and ice cream will do the trick.

If you're feeling an urge to return to the fun times of junior high girls and all of their drama, there is no better place than a nursing home. You would not believe how nasty and gossipy old women are. God forbid you put a bingo card in front of them and someone wins more dimes than they do!

And we can't leave out the old men. They should probably all just be designated as sexual perverts and get it over with. It's amazing what some of them will say and do in front of girls young enough to be their great granddaughters. They grab, pinch and leer with the best of the 20-year old's. Always amazes me that they don't have enough energy to lift their own fork, but they're positive they could give you a 'real nice time'. I mean honestly, if the fork can't be raised can anything else?

Anyway...go enjoy a beverage of your choice and enjoy the weekend! I'll hold down the fort here ;)


Click here to visit Powell's Books!


Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images