Review of "Sea Changes"

6:25 AM

by Gail Graham

Paperback: 412 pages
Publisher: Jade Phoenix Publishing (May 1, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 069200100X
ISBN-13: 978-0692001004

Description
Newly widowed, Sarah tries to drown herself, only to discover an impossible, alternative world. Back on the beach she asks herself, Did that really happen? Or am I losing my mind? Her attempt to make sense of what happened involves her in an alleged kidnapping, and Sarah ends up being accused of murdering someone from a world that doesn't exist. Or does it? .

Review
This is an interesting novel. Set in Australia, this is the story of Sarah who is reeling from the death of her husband. Overwhelmed with grief Sarah decides to end her life and instead finds an underwater alternative world where she finds comfort and friendship. She comes back wondering if it was real or if she imagined it. When she attempts to return, to see if it was real, she ends up bringing someone from that world back with her. The ensuing actions of Sarah and everyone around her as she tries to make sense of everything keep you on the edge of your seat. It's not always a comfortable ride either. As everyone close to her starts to back away from her, believing her capable of kidnapping and murder, her life spirals more and more out of control. I thought this book was a terrific read and the story stayed with me after I was done. I really found myself getting caught up in the frustration and fear that Sarah experienced in the story. This one gets 5/5 stars.

Glitter Text Generator

Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images