Review of a Different Kind of Marriage Book!

4:50 PM

Rick and Bubba's Guide to the Almost Nearly Perfect Marriage
By Rick Burgess and Bill "Bubba" Bussey

Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson; Pap/Com edition (June 2, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1401603998
ISBN-13: 978-1401603991

Description (Publisher Website)
The only thing funnier than marriage is Rick and Bubba talkin' about it!

Rick and Bubba are at it again, and this time it is all about marriage. Addressing such topics as apologizing (The Ten Worst Ways to Say I’m Sorry), communication (Grunting Is Not a Language), date nights (Worst Date Nights in History), finances (I Thought You Paid the Gas Bill), and playing sports together (I Did Too Let You Win), the two "sexiest fat men alive" will have couples everywhere tied in knots. With stories, top ten lists, and even a bonus addendum of their oft mentioned, "The Book of Blame," this humorous look at marriage is long overdue. This book will revolutionize your way of looking at married life. And it might just remind you all over again why you fell in love in the first place.






Review
Not knowing who the author's of this book were, I really had no idea what to expect. I have to say that I laughed all the way through this book. There is so much wisdom and truth mixed in with the humor that it's wonderful for anyone who is married. although I'm not sure I'd recommend it for those about to be married.

Fans of the author's radio show will probably love this book. While I got a good laugh out of the book, the book focus's quite a bit on the concept of the wife always being right and the husband always being wrong. It also tends to portray women as nags. These are all jokes though and while it might get a bit old and tired, it's delivery is fairly funny. Probably most husbands would think it quite funny, wives possibly not so much.

To add to the fun, there is an accompanying CD that has highlights from Rick and Bubba's radio show.

One of the things that I really liked about this book though is that there were moments where the hilarity ended and some good stuff came out! For instance, in the chapter "Ball and Chain?" they talk about the fact that marriage is the opposite of a ball and chain, but instead is the opposite of being tied down and is in fact freedom. It is a wonderful description of marriage and the freedom you feel from trusting your spouse. These gems in the middle of all the 'good ol' boy humor" make this a worthwhile read.

Click here to visit Powell's Books!

Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images