Review of Shadows of Lancaster County

6:27 AM

by Mindy Starns Clark


Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers (January 1, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0736924477
ISBN-13: 978-0736924474


Description (Publsiher Website)

Anna thought she left the tragedies of the past behind when she moved from Pennsylvania to California, but when her brother vanishes from the genetics lab where he works, Anna has no choice but to head back home. Using skills well–honed in Silicon Valley, she follows the high–tech trail her brother left behind, a trail that leads from the simple world of Amish farming to the cutting edge of DNA research and gene mapping.

Anna knows she must depend on her instincts, her faith in God, and the help of the Amish community to find her brother. She also must finally face her own shadows—and pray that she’s stronger than the grief that threatens to overwhelm them all.





Review
This book was fun and not at all what I was expecting it to be. I'm relatively new to reading Christian fiction and I have to say that I now understand why people are raving about it. This isn't the same type of Christian fiction I read when I was in high school. While there was a Christian element to the story and the dialogue, the reader isn't bashed over the head with it. The story was well written and very exciting and kept me engrossed. I had a hard time putting this one down! There were a few twists and turns I wasn't expecting which always makes a book more fun.

I'd recommend this book to everyone. There's action and adventure as well as a little romance involved. I'm now a fan of Mindy Starns Clark!

See an interview with Mindy Starns Clark

Hear a special message from Mindy Starns Clark

Please visit www.mindystarnsclark.com
image
image
image


Glitter Text Generator
Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images