Guest Post by Rie McGaha, author of Bloodlines

6:16 AM

Rie McGaha was born and raised in northern California along the shores of Humboldt County where her grandmother often took her to search for seashells and watch the humpback whales migration. Though her father was a bit of a gypsy and moved his family all over, Rie always enjoyed the trips back to Eureka, California where many of her 12 children and 23 grandchildren still live.

As a dreamer of dreams and being born with a a gypsy soul, Rie has lived all over the United States. Settling in SE Oklahoma with husband, Nathan, she enjoys a quiet life in the Kiamichi Wilderness where she takes in abused and neglected animals, nurses them back to health and tries to find them new homes. The ones that don't find new homes remain with Rie and she currently has 18 dogs and 1 cat.

Between her husband, children, grandchildren and all of the animals, Rie tries to find a few moments to write. She is currently working on Ancient Blood, the sequel to Blood Line, and Caleb and Arion the second and third installments of the My Soul To Keep Trilogy. She also writes reviews for Romance Writers United.

For more information, visit Rie at www.riemcgaha.com or read her blog at http://riesreviews.blogspot.com/

www.youtube.com/NovelsByRie



ABOUT THE BOOK:

Truck driver, Joshua Kaine and his wife, Jessie, enjoy the freedom of the open road until one night on a lonely country road Josh is attacked by a rabid dog. After killing the animal, Joshua becomes very ill, but quickly recovers. Weeks later, when the full moon rises and Josh begins howling, the trouble has just begun.

Drawn by an unknown force, Joshua finds himself in a remote mountain area at The Gathering where he meets Garan, a gray wolf who has walked the earth for thousands of years, and Joshua learns the rabid dog was actually a werewolf and his clan is now after Josh.

On the run, hunted by a clan of werewolves, and searching to undo his plight, Josh ventures into the swamps of Louisiana in search of an old, black woman who holds the key to his existence. Josh is pushed to the limits, and when the merciless werewolves kill his wife, the hunted becomes the hunter.



GUEST POST:

Ten Things You Didn't Know About Rie McGaha

1. I have had some very unusual jobs along the way to becoming an author. I've worked as a counselor and was the only female with all male inmates at a state prison; I drove big trucks cross country; and I was the Kennel Master at a non-profit animal rescue organization called Free To Live in Guthrie, OK. And I worked as a masseuse on several Hollywood movie sets and met many famous people. One of them was Dustin Hoffman, and after that, every time my kids would see him on TV, they'd say, "Hey, mom, you saw him naked, huh?"


2. I have 12 kids! Yep, Jeff, Brandi, Cassandra, Corey, Rory, Sarah, Elizabeth, Lisa, Laura, Michael, Rocky, & Cody! And I have 23 grandkids and counting!

3. Rie isn't my name. It's actually the last part of my first name, Marie, which was apparently too much of a mouthful for my nieces and nephews and my name always came out as Auntie Rie, and it stuck!

4. I've lived in ten states!

5. I have 18 dogs and 1 cat!

6. I met my husband at a prison I used to work at...nope, he didn't work there, he was an inmate!

7. I was born and raised in northern California.

8. My favorite city in the whole world is San Francisco, CA.

9. I can't write unless the voices in my head tell me what to say.

10. When I was a teenager my favorite singer was Donny Osmond!


Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images