Review of Shiva's Arms

1:27 AM

Shiva's Arms
by Cheryl Snell

Hardcover: 209 pages
Publisher: The Writer's Lair Books (March 27, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0615340814
ISBN-13: 978-0615340814

Description (Author Website)
When Alice marries Ramesh, she is plunged into a battle of wills with her mother-in-law. And when a family secret is revealed that costs the old woman everything, it is up to Alice to heal the rift between them, as Shiva’s Arms evolves into an exploration of cultural identity, the power of reconciliation, and the meaning of home.

Shiva's Arms Blog

Opening scene from the novel Shiva's Arms by Cheryl Snell, read by the author



Author Bio (Author Website)
Cheryl Snell has published over four hundred poems and stories online and in print. Her books include both fiction and poetry, and Prisoner’s Dilemma, her recent volume of poetry and art, won the Lopside Press Competition. Snell has been nominated for the Pushcart and Best of the Net four times, and her poem "Fire on the Cuyahoga" was chosen by Dorianne Laux for inclusion in the Sundress' Best of the Net Anthology last year. Follow her author's blog about all things Indian at shivasarms.blogspot.com.

Book Trailer


Read an Excerpt Here

Find a Reading Guide for Shiva's Arms Here

 
My Thoughts

This book was an explosion of clashing cultures, family and most of all love and forgiveness.  I found myself really absorbing all the different cultural differences.  One thing I loved was the 'dictionary' of terms in the back of the book.  It made the book so much more meaningful to know all the little terms and dishes they were talking about.  Another helpful and wonderful thing was the listing of recipes in the back of the book.  They made my mouth water to read them and experience them in that way. I think that this was a wonderfully different novel that really had all your senses involved.  I'd highly recommend that you put this on your TBR list and pick it up.  It's different, and moving and a feast for the senses.

Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this great book to review

  Digg! Add to Technorati Favorites

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Every year we lose more people to AIDS. It hasn't disappeared and it's not going away anytime soon. I urge you to seek out and support your local AIDS Organizations. Encourage everyone you know to practice safe sex and to get tested once a year. Even if you don't think you are at risk, get tested. I didn't think I was at risk either, and I almost died before I was diagnosed.
Blog Directory

Followers

Grab My Badge!

Grab My Badge!

Blog Archive


Would You Like To Be Added To My Blogroll? Email Me!

Stop AIDS

Stop AIDS
Stop AIDS in the US

Ratings by outbrain

Blog Roll

www.momcentral.com

Smart Solutions for Everyday Moms

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
As Featured On EzineArticles
Blogcritics: news and reviews
Custom Search

I'm #2395

Creative Commons License Marta's Meanderings by Marta Hoelscher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
blog search directory
Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Subscribe to my blog!

Subscribe to Marta's Meanderings

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com TweetIt from HubSpot

PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS

I'd be happy to review your book. I post at many locations in addition to here on my blog. Please CONTACT me with any questions or concerns. I'll look forward to hearing from you!


web statistic

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Alltop. How the hell did that happen?

Flickr Images